Frequently Asked Questions:
Are there other fees besides monthly rent?
- There is a one-time Administration Fee and a refundable Access Card deposit due at move-in
- Late fees and lien fees are applied to your account if your rent becomes overdue
- NSF fees are applied if any check is returned by your bank
Is there easy access to the units?
- Yes, in most cases, you can drive right up to your unit’s door! No elevators, no multiple doors to go through
- There are also a few indoor units available for those who prefer them
Do I have to sign a contract or is it month to month?
- There is a month to month rental agreement that must be signed
- Prior to vacating your storage unit, you must submit a written 20 day notice of intent to vacate per the rental agreement
When can I access my unit?
- 365 days a year, anytime during the posted gate hours
Who has access to my belongings?
- Only you have access to your belongings
Where can I buy moving and packing supplies?
- We offer a variety of moving and packing supplies in our store, including boxes, tape, bubble wrap, mattress covers, packing paper, rope and more
Does the storage facility insure the contents of my unit?
- No. Edgewood Self Storage does not insure your belongings
- You must provide your own insurance. Insurance can be purchased through most insurance agencies if your current homeowner’s or renter’s policy does not already cover the contents of your storage unit
What types of items are not allowed in my storage unit?
- Hazardous, flammable, toxic or illegal items
- Food is also not allowed in your storage unit as it may attract unwanted pests
How high are the ceilings?
- Every unit has 10ft. high ceilings